Saturday, December 5, 2009

Christmas Open House - Part II

Here we go - more pictures. I think only my daughters and sister read this blog and it's a good thing, because there are going to be a lot of pictures this December. I decided to get all of my decorations down this year, as I haven't done that since we moved here 2 years ago. We've been married 32 years and I have gotten rid of a lot - but much remains. If I can't find a home for it this year it's off to charity with the remainder. {hopefully} These pictures will help me next year to put things up quickly.

This is a sampler I stitched many years ago in my cross stitch phase. {my eyes were younger then} I still love it and am glad it found a home in the hall leading to the guest room.

{click to enlarge any photo}
This is our library - not a lot going on in here.

My nutcracker carolers found a home on the mantel though - we are going to start the tradition of the Nutracker Ballet next year {Elizabeth will be in kindergarten} for all of the women in our family. The children do have stockings, they are hanging in the family room.

Now we are back in the living room. No rhyme or reason to the order of these pictures ...
...because here is a picture of the windows in the hall to the guest room. This is actually right outside the library and as I sit at my desk this is my view.
Back to the living room.

Window sill in living room.
Tiny hall leading from the living room to the family room.



One more shot of our lovely snow - I thought it was so pretty on my patio arrangement.
This is the side door - a little bit of snowmen.
Next up will be the guest room and bath, and the kitchen. We have a busy day shopping tomorrow, but hope to post by Monday.

We went to the company Christmas party on Thursday night. Sure wish I'd had my camera. We ate dinner on the field of C*wboy stadium, right under the giant TV screen. It was pretty nice! I am sure it will be the only time I get to the stadium so it was a great way to see it.

2 comments:

TLEB said...

First, I can't wait to hear what you wore to the big event at the stadium. Glad you had a good time. Your house looks beautiful, not one spot is untouched by Christmas. It's all very well put together and gorgeous. Let me look over any of your unused stuff before you send it to goodwill! :)

jessica said...

Your house looks wonderful! I agree, I want to look at your stuff before you send it on as well! You need to come to my house and give me some decoration pointers for Christmas! I think the front entry tree is my favorite!