Sunday, October 9, 2011

Lunch and Love

When your sweet granddaughter calls you and invites you to come to Lunch with Loved Ones, who cares that it is a clever way to lure you into the school book fair, where you then proceed to buy several so so books because she wants them??  I don't care ~ I go!!

This time, instead of the plastic bag from Subway, I wanted to make it a little special.  So I packed our lunch in this, and just added the subway!




The bag contained these goodies.


I put 2 of everything, one for Elizabeth and one for her friend.  At her school, when you have a visitor for lunch, you sit at a special table and they are allowed to choose a friend to join them.  These cute placemats have pictures on the back that you can color.  Perfect for restaurants.  


I stickered up some cups.


I vowed that since I joined pinterest, I would not just PIN, I would actually do some of the pins.  Here is my first ~ s'mores.  I think they turned out cute!







We had a lovely lunch, and picked several treats in the book fair.  It was a special fun time with my first grader.  I wonder what age this will stop?  But, you know, for now I am just going to enjoy it.

5 comments:

Love Being A Nonny said...

Love it! Our youngest grand just started walking...I just posted a video. He will be inviting us to lunch before we know it! Where did you get the placemats?

The Martys said...

The smores bags are darling. Very cute!! What a grandma you are!

Debbie said...

What a great idea to let them pick a friend to eat with them when they have a visitor. I love the way you went the extra mile. That's the kind of thing that my mom would have done and I want to do when I'm a grandma.

jessica said...

Cute cute, can't wait for you to start coming to lunch with Cooper!

Sue said...

You are an awesome Grandma;) Wonder what your first grader picked at the boo(k)fair.