Sunday, October 23, 2011

An Afternoon and Evening In Richmond

Bob and I just returned from a little fall getaway with some good friends.  We flew into Richmond, Virginia and began our vacation there.  Bob and I had never been to Richmond so we were excited to explore a little bit.

Jim found our lunch spot on the TV show Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives.  I confess that I have never seen the show, but we thoroughly enjoyed our lunch at this popular college hangout.  {Although we felt very old!}


Next up was the Confederate White House and Museum.  We took the tour of the house and just wandered about the museum.  









We did a drive by of the capitol ~ it was closing time.  But what a pretty capitol!  It was stunning against the blue sky.





I apologize for the blurry picture, taken from the street!  And I'm sorry you have to look at the giant dumpster sitting in front of the restaurant.  This place was recommended to us by my neighbor and it was  delicious!  It was in a charming area of brick streets, and lots of restaurants.  We loved it.


That ended our very brief visit to Richmond.  We were up bright and early to go to West Virginia to stay at the Greenbrier!

I know we didn't see very much, but we saw enough to know that we would like to come back some day ~ perhaps a trip to Williamsburg?  

3 comments:

jessica said...

Looks like a fun trip!

Suzy said...

I've never been to Richmond, but would love to go. I've seen blog posts about several great places to shop there. I wanted to let you know that I've passed the Versatile Bloggers Award to you. Here's the link to my blog post about it: http://worthingcourt.blogspot.com/2011/10/award-and-things-you-may-not-know-about.html
Take care.

Debbie said...

I have been through Richmond many times on my way to visit our family in MA. I've been THROUGH but never stopped. It looks like place to put on the list of places to see.

There used to be an old fire station or something like that in the middle of all the modern stuff. I wonder if it's still there. Did you see it? It would have stuck out.