Wednesday, August 12, 2009

A Special Birthday

First of all, I thought I was being so smart loading my pictures and I ended up with them in the opposite order of my plan. Oh well.

We had a surprise 30th birthday party for Laura and Jessica. I can't even believe they can be that old - but ...

The picture above is the kitchen table and the birthday cakes. I can not make beautiful cakes as my daughters do - mine come from the store!!
Favors for the big girls were flip flops from Hobby Lobby. I just hot glued the flowers on different colored flip flops. Easy
The children got a family bag filled with "junk" from the dollar bins at Target. Lots of pool and outside toys.
Here's the dining room ready for the guests.
And of course the invitation - which should have been at the beginning of the post - you can see where I got the flip flop theme.

The party turned out well - and the girls were surprised. Tomorrow I will post the outdoor decorations and some of the guests.

1 comment:

jessica said...

We had such a wonderful time, and you did a great job with all of the decorations, surprise surprise!