Saturday, October 3, 2009

Last of the Chicago Trip


We were lucky enough to stay in the beautiful suite pictured in the previous posts, and we were also treated to a little, but very cute "snack" every afternoon around 4:00.

First up, always a favorite with us - a bottle of wine. This came every day.
I didn't take a picture everyday, but I did get 3 of the 5 days. This one was so good to look at that we didn't even want to eat it! So simple really, but the presentation is beautiful. I think I could do this, although I'm sure I never will!
Fruit smoothies
Little sandwiches
The rest of the pictures are just some random shots to finish off this trip. I wish I had gotten a picture of Amy and Jim and Bob's folks. I know some were taken of them, but I guess they weren't on my camera.

I did get a picture of our good friends Linda and John. We went out to dinner with them this evening on a boat on Lake Michigan. They are from Kansas and we don't get to see them as often as we would like, but our friendship goes back 25 years and is very special to us.
On our first day with Laura and Tom and the kids we went to lunch at the Eleven City Diner. (I don't think that is the exact name, but I am too lazy to look it up) The diner was fun and the food was good.

On the way back to the hotel, we walked to the park on the lake. There is a sculpture of legs - lots of them, the kids had a blast running in and out of all the legs.
A quick shot of the family near the lake. You can see the sculpture in the background.
And finally, a shot of us. We had to go to a "dinner" every night and I think this is the first evening's attire. It's the only picture I had taken of the 2 of us. The rest must be on someone else's camera.

These are the last of the pictures of our trip. We left Chicago and headed to our cabin for a few days of R and R.

No comments: