Friday, April 11, 2014

Happy Birthday Elizabeth!

Today is the day that this girl made me a grandma!
How can it be 9 years?



We celebrated last Sunday with brunch at our house.
I decided this year to have a celebration at our house near each grands birthday to celebrate just how special they are to grandpa and me.


I let them choose the decor and the menu.
Elizabeth wanted lots of bright colors and pancakes and a hash brown casserole I make.
We added donuts and bacon and an egg casserole to make it our traditional Palm Sunday brunch.
Jessica and family will be in Kansas for Palm Sunday so it was nice to combine the celebrations.



I found this antique plate on ebay and will use it for all of our birthdays.
The 9 is a sparkler candle - didn't get a shot of it lit this time.


The new light is a great place to hang balloons or other decor.  I actually made a few of these as Hob Lob didn't have all of my colors.


Even the jelly beans were the right color.
{and yes, I separated all of the colors :-) }






Happy Birthday Elizabeth!
You are loved.


4 comments:

Lisa @ Texas Decor said...

What a beautiful birthday girl!! I love the decorations she chose. That light over your table is gorgeous and I love that you took the time to separate the jelly beans. :)

WendyBee said...

How sweet! What a wonderful celebration.. It is times like these that form the "glue" during stressful times. I wish for every family to have these celebrations.

The Martys said...

Adorable as always. Love all the bright colors. The leis around the plates was a fun touch too. Great job sis.

Debbie said...

Happy Birthday beautiful Elizabeth!! I feel as if I am watching her grow up right before my eyes, all the way from Georgia. She just gets prettier to me by the post.

I love her brunch decor, especially those awesome tulle hanging thingies. I need to show that to my daughters. I'm pretty sure that they are not too grown to love them.

You have such a wonderful family, Sue. You are so blessed.

(BTW, how is the retiree??? Enjoying it or going stir crazy?)